Files to Download (Recalled Pet Food Lists & More)
- These are Adobe PDF files. Use Firefox if you're having trouble accessing these files in Internet Explorer (or use IE 7).
- 1. The Master List of All Brands of Recalled Pet Food Summary (Includes new Ol' Roy Salmonella Recall, FDA Contact Info) Updated 6-6 2pm (7 pages)
- 2.The List of the 14 Major National Brands Recalled Pet Food Details Updated (Includes flavor and date code info) Updated 5-23 8pm (7 pages)
- Vegetable Protein Summary Updated 5-23 (Who got what)
- **NEW** 9-4 Summary List of NON- Recalled Pet Food that Tested Positive with Contaminants
Tuesday, April 10, 2007
The List of the 10 Major National Brands Pet Food Recall Details 4/9
(Added Tuesday 8:35pm This has been updated to include the new Nutro products that have been recalled.)
Ten Major National Brands - with Details (flavors and date codes)
Includes detailed flavor and date codes for these Ten Brands only:
Alpo Prime Cuts
Hill's Prescription and Science Diet
Mighty Dog Pouches
Pounce Cat Treats
FDA Complaint Coordinator list
Parent Company Brand Info
Parent company info moved to make it shorter
Formatting changes to make it shorter
Take into national retailers that carry these products to see if they are still on the shelves.
This is a summary (PDF file) of the pet foods recalled by 10 of the most commonly found Major National Brands. Other brands will be added soon... in the meantime to see ALL products recalled, go to http://www.menufoods.com/recall/ for brands not listed here. The summary is 4 pages, and includes FDA contact information for every state. This list is for quick-reference only – it is NOT a complete list of all recalled products!
Clicking on this link will open the file for easy printing, right click on the link to open in a new window. Click here to download the latest Adobe Reader .
Volunteers Needed! Get food off shelves...
howl911.com, itchmo.com, thepetfoodlist.com, petconnection.com, petfoodtracker.com and spockosbrain.com have joined together to ask for your help.
Update 6-10: Recalled food was purchased from a
We need Volunteers to help get recalled food off store shelves. Read this post at Spocko’s Brain for instructions. Print a list (or two) on this site. Visit stores, then report safe stores here at Itchmo.com.
1. Print the main FDA Pet Food Recall page http://www.fda.gov/oc/opacom/hottopics/petfood.html – this will be handy to show retailers who haven’t heard anything about the recall. (3 pages)
2. Print the list of 14 Major National Brands - it includes flavors and date information where applicable so you can tell if specific products for these brands have been recalled. The brands are: Alpo Prime Cuts, Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover’s Soul, Doctors Foster and Smith, Eukanuba, Gravy Train, Hill’s Science Diet, Iams, Jerky Treats, Lick Your Chops, Mighty Dog Pouches, Natural Balance, Nutro, Pounce, Royal Canin. (It’s 7 pages and includes FDA contact information.)
3. Print the List of All Brands – it will remind you what products have been recalled - but it does not give you date and flavor information, there is just too much to put in one document. (7 pages, but the 7th page is links to more detailed information so you don’t need to print it)
If you want, and are going to a store that you know has store brands that have been recalled (such as Walmart), go to that recall information at the links on the summary or at the FDA site and print it out. Some of the information is formatted in ways that make it difficult to read (one of the main reasons for this site), but it’s better than nothing.
Note: The FDA is the official source for all recall information and recalled products. This is an unofficial volunteer effort to help get the word out and get recalled foods off of shelves. We’re doing the best we can but can’t guarantee these lists are completely accurate. Again, here is the official recall site: http://www.fda.gov/oc/opacom/hottopics/petfood.html